Formula 3 Spanish Grand Prix Predictions 2020

With the first rounds of the Formula 3 season finishing, the drivers and teams move onto the iconic track of Silverstone for a second time. This race is the second of another triple header, with one round in Silverstone complete and another in Barcelona de Catalunya. The weekend starts with qualifying on the 7th August, the Feature Race on the 8th August and the Sprint Race on the 9th August. If you’re looking to keep up to date with all of the racing this weekend, your schedule is as followed: Friday will see Practice at 9:35 am until 10:20 am and Qualifying at 2:05 pm until 2:35 pm, Saturday will see the Feature Race at 9:25 am until 10:05 am and Sunday will see the Sprint Race at 8:45 am until 9:25 am. All times are local track times.

Like every weekend, we sat down and discussed our predictions of the weekend ahead, whilst also discussing what you thought as well.

Zendeli is going to be out for blood this weekend

Alice

Zendeli is going to be out for blood this weekend after the sprint race result. If he wasn’t pushing 110% before, he definitely will be now and no one is going to be prepared for it. I’m excited to see how he does this weekend and to hopefully find him back on the podium. It’s the same with Beckmann who sat just outside of the points across the past weekend so he’ll be eager to fight for the podium once more. I hope we get to see the both of them up there this weekend.

As we look at Prema, I can see Sargeant back on the podium. At the beginning of the season, Piastri was the man on top but the spotlight has been switched to the American. I hope we get to see more of Vesti this weekend as all three drivers are insanely talented. I can see a Prema podium overall and for one of them to take pole position as well. If it isn’t a Prema, I can see it being Lawson in the Hitech.

Hughes, Pourchaire and Novalak are all names to look out for this weekend. Each driver has a fire to push themselves further and it’ll be good to see how they do this weekend. Hughes and Pourchaire both had incredible weekends while Novalak was onto a positive weekend before his penalty. Pourchaire and Hughes are the two drivers I can see running home with the fastest laps. With teams, Prema will easily walk away with the most points.

Jess

I put a lot of trust in Sargeant at the start of the year, putting him as my prediction to win the championship, and so, I’m keeping him as the guy who will most likely take a win in Barcelona. Obviously, I’m putting his teammates to join him on the fight for first, because that Prema car is unlike any other car. It would be wrong not to mention Beckmann either. Zendeli shocked me during the Sprint Race to almost win the race, so I’m willing to say he’d be in the points, and if he can bring that Trident car to the front, then maybe even win instead.

Hughes and Pourchaire had a good run in Silverstone last weekend, so I’m hoping they can keep this up into a new track for the season. Both of them are very talented and are capable of bringing their cars to the front. Pourchaire has definitely been a stand out though, constantly in the points and challenging for podiums as a rookie.

For the last two weeks, I’ve been hoping that ART would overtake Trident for second in the standings. I’m going to stick with it, even though it is now a way bolder claim than it was two weeks ago when I started saying this. Of course, Prema would keep out front, because besides, they’re over 150 points ahead.

Pourchaire has definitely been a stand out

THE SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES

As usual, Jess and I share pretty much the exact same predictions of the race. We both believe strongly in Sargeant, Hughes, Pourchaire, Beckmann and Zendeli. Our differences lie with my belief in Lawson, Novalak and Vesti while Jess is hoping for ART to overtake Trident in the standings.

Audience

The audiences qualifying results fell with Sargeant taking 60% for pole position. The remaining 40% was split between Lawson and Piastri. As we move into the race winner, Sargeant took 40% alongside his team mate Piastri while the last 20% was voted for Vesti. Sargeant remained as a strong vote for runner up with 40% while Lawson, Piastri and Vesti each took 20%. We finally found a new name when we looked at third place. It was split evenly between Pourchaire, Beckmann, Vesti, Sargeant and Lawson. Fastest lap also remained evenly split between Zendeli, Hughes, Piastri, Sargeant and Lawson.

The sprint race saw a polar opposite reaction with Pourchaire taking 80% of the votes regarding the race winner with the last 20% going to Lawson. A new name to the predictions for the week was Verschoor who took 40% of the votes for runner up. Aside from him, Piastri, Vesti and Zendeli each took 20%. Third place saw a split decision once again with Beckmann, Viscaal, Piastri, Sargeant and Smolyar each taking 20%. To finalise the sprint race, we look at the fastest laps which was dominated once again by Pourchaire with 60%. The MP Motorsport drivers of Verschoor and Viscaal took the remaining 40%.

This weekend’s predictions found Leo Pulcini and Alexander Smolyar taking 40% each for the most surprising driver while Max Fewtrell took the remaining 20%. It will be interesting to see who surprises us the most. And once again, to no surprise, Prema took 100% of the votes for the team to bring home the most points.

Conclusion

Overall, the results are fairly similar across the grid regarding who will be on top and who won’t make the top ten but every weekend is a surprise so it will be interesting to see which driver will take the most points and who will find themselves in a position to do the best.

This will be our final post for the week ahead of race weekend and we’ll be back on Monday for our final full week before we resume to a normal schedule once more. We will catch you with our Formula E Finale Race Summary while Tuesday will find the Formula 3 Race Summary, both at 5pm BST. Catch you then.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s