Formula 2 Tuscan Mugello Grand Prix Predictions 2020

Image 11

With the end of the Formula 2 season soon to be in sight, we head to Mugello for the Italian Grand Prix. The weekend starts with qualifying on the 11th September, the Feature Race on the 12th September and the Sprint Race on the 13th September. If you’re looking to keep up to date with all of the racing this weekend, your schedule is as followed: Friday will see Practice at 12:55 pm until 1:40 pm and Qualifying at 5:00 pm until 5:30 pm, Saturday will see the Feature Race at 3:45 pm until 4:45 pm and Sunday will see the Sprint Race at 10:10 am until 10:55 am. All times are local track times.

Like every weekend, we sat down and discussed our predictions of the weekend ahead, whilst also discussing what you thought as well.

shwartzman has up’s and down’s from week to week

Alice

This weekend really is hard to predict. We’ve seen so many drivers do wonders this season and with the top four sitting so close, the battles are only going to get harder and harder. Last week we saw Ticktum, Ilott, Schumacher and Lundgaard do incredible, them four names being the ones which stood out the most. I can see Ilott and Schumacher doing really well this weekend, especially with how close the championship is between them. I’m expecting to see either of these on the podium. Their teammates, Zhou and Shwartzman, are also going to be on the chase for points again. Shwartzman has up’s and down’s from week to week but I can see this being a positive.

Like I mentioned, Ticktum did great last weekend and after his disqualification, he’s going to want to push hard once again for some points to make up for it. I hope Vips is able to get points this weekend and I can see him finally finishing with a few. Deletraz is another to look out for this weekend and I can see him pushing for decent points.

With regards to fastest lap, I can see Schumacher and Tsunoda going fastest. Both talented drivers with a record of being quick on the track. With teams, Prema has been consistent with points so I can see them walking away with the most. If not Prema, Virtuosi will definitely walk away with a fair amount.

Jess

Whilst Formula 3 is ending, Formula 2 still have 3 more rounds to go, meaning there’s still 144 points to play for in terms of clean sweeps. It’s very tight at the top with all three separated by 9 points. On that note, I’ve wanted Ilott to win the championship from the start so I’m obviously putting him down as one of the race winners this weekend. I’m hoping he’ll be joined by not only his teammate Zhou but also Shwartzman. I know Schumacher is an incredible driver, so it wouldn’t shock me to put him near the front, but I’d like his rookie teammate to receive better results than him, just because Shwartzman is excelling as a rookie driver. I’m also willing to support Ticktum because not only has he been to Mugello last year but also has been on a run with amazing results in the last few rounds.

I want Deletraz to do well, not only in terms of results but in general with strategy and pace. He’s an experienced driver, he knows what he’s doing, but he just needs a car to provide him the results. Hopefully this weekend, we see Deletraz up there once again because he’s pushing that Charouz car to the maximum. I’m adding Drugovich to the mix too, because last weekend was unlucky in terms of results.

Prema lead out by 27 points to Virtuosi, but since there’s stil 3 rounds left on the cards, I’m hoping Virtuosi can overtake them. I’d also like ART GP to keep ahead of Carlin for 4th, seeing as Tsunoda is bringing that British car to the front frequently, whilst the French team are stuck in unlucky situations one after the other for both drivers.

I’d like his rookie teammate to receive better results

THE SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES

Once again, Jess and I’s similarities out weigh the differences and 99% of our predictions are the same.

Image 12
Audience

We sat down and asked the audience what they believed would come of the Formula 2 Mugello Grand Prix. We found that 66.7% believed Ilott would take pole while Schumacher took the remaining 33.3%. This was reversed when we looked at first place with Schumacher taking 66.7% and Ilott with 33.3%. Ilott is on top once again for the second place on the podium with 66.7% while Lundgaard took 33.3%. Shwartzman is the next name mentioned taking 66.7% of the votes for third place while Tsunoda finished it off with 33.3%. With regards to fastest lap, it was evenly split between Schumacher, Ilott and Tsunoda.

As we move into the sprint race, we saw a much more varied finish. First place was split evenly between Drugovich, Lundgaard and Ticktum. As we moved into second place, Ilott, Lundgaard and Deletraz each took 33.3%. To finalise the podium, we saw three names once again with Deletraz, Schumacher and Zhou being the drivers the audience predicted. For the fastest lap, Schumacher was predicted once again alongside Shwartzman and Ticktum.

With most surprising driver, we saw two names I haven’t seen here in a while. Armstrong took 33.3% of the vote. Each week I’m convinced he will finally make it back to the points and I’m now at a point where I believe the ART isn’t reliable enough for that. Although I, and many others, would love to see the Kiwi do well, it’s beginning to look impossible so any redemption will come as a shock. The remaining 66.7% was awarded to Deletraz. His weekends are always unpredictable and most believe his time for a win has gone. I hope he manages a win this weekend but it will come as a surprise. For the teams, 66.7% said Prema will take the most points with Virtuosi took the remaining 33.3%.

Conclusion

The final few round of the Formula 2 2020 Championship are coming in quick and with three Ferrari Driver Academy drivers and Redbull Junior fighting for the top spot, it’ll be interesting to see who comes out on top as we leave Mugello this weekend. A new track, a title to compete for and everything to play. Who will top the championship this weekend?

And that’s it for this weeks posts. We will be returning Monday with our race reviews but until then, enjoy your race weekend.